|Osmose is a not-for-profit organization implementing an integrated conservation and development project within three communities of the Tonle Sap Lake, Cambodia since 1999. Its activities comprise three components: Environmental Education, Ecotourism, Local Development.
|Statut||VSI (Volontaire de Solidarité Internationale)|
|Domaine d'activité||Développement rural/Environnement|
The role of the coordinator is to guide Osmose Cambodia towards maximum autonomy and self-management capacity. This will require continuous assistance in finance and project management, progressive transfer of tasks and responsibilities, and strengthening of the Management Committee of the local NGO.
➢ Finances and fund raising;
➢ Capacity building;
➢ Localization process;
➢ Project management & strategy;
➢ Human resources management;
➢ Representation & communication.
Terms of References
The project adviser will work in close collaboration with the component coordinators of Osmose Cambodia. S/he will be a member of the Management Committee of Osmose Cambodia and will report to its Chairman as well as to Osmose France. The position is based in Siem Reap but will require regular trips to the field sites, in floating villages of the Tonle Sap lake.
1. Finances & fund raising
• Fund raising in Cambodia and abroad
• Prepare activity and financial reports for Osmose France and for the donors in French
• Oversee the preparation of the activity and financial reports to donors in English.
• Assist the accountant in organizing funds transfers from France.
• Draw annual budgets for the whole project and for all components and submit to the board of directors.
• Follow-up monthly expenses and income according to the budget.
2. Capacity building
• Build the capacity of the accountant on financial reporting and reporting to the donors.
• Build the capacity of the coordinators in technical fields, activity planning and follow-up, monitoring & evaluation.
• Build the capacity of the coordinators in budget management, project proposals writing and reporting to the donors.
3. Localization process
• Finalize and adapt internal policies of the local organization.
• Strengthen the commitment, capacity and role of the Management Committee.
• Overview the preparation of the Management Committee meetings.
4. Project management & strategy
• Follow-up, strengthen and improve each component with the target of sustainability & autonomy.
• Adapt human resources, budget, activities and functioning to the project strategy and financial resources.
• Assist and facilitate the annual Participatory Action Plan (methodology, outputs).
5. Human resources management
• Assess the salaries and bonuses of each staff each year.
• Conduct annual evaluation review of the staff every year.
• Update staff work contracts and terms of reference annually.
• Prepare job announcements, conduct interviews of applicants.
• Assess trainings needs of the staff and trainings opportunities.
6. Representation and communication
• Liaise with appropriate NGO’s, IO’s, government bodies, institutions, companies, etc. susceptible to provide technical, human or financial support to the project.
• Network and promote Osmose amongst national and international stakeholders.
|Lieu de la Mission
|Pays - Ville||Cambodia/Tonlé Sap|
|Profil du candidat
|Experiences||• Age minimum: 35, • Proven ability to raise funds and network., • Experience of project steering in NGO or private sector., • Work experience in Cambodia is a strong asset., |
|Langues||• Fluent in English and French language, both spoken and written. Khmer is a plus.|
|Qualités requises||• Appropriate skills and attitude for capacity building and localization process., • High adaptation capacities and ability to find innovative solutions., • Very good organization and very good communication skills., |
|Autres||• Working knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, Quickbook, Outlook, Internet.|
|Date de début||1 November 2008|
|Durée de la mission||12 mois|
|Indemnités||monthly indemnity 700 Euros, annual return airfare, full medical cover, visa costs.|
|Avantages||Hébergement, Nourriture, Billet d'avion, Assurance, Transports locaux|
|Date de l'offre||25/08/2008|
|Date d'expiration de l'offre||01/10/2008|
|Documents à envoyer||CV and motivation, before 15 September 2008 |
|Commentaire||International Volunteer, funded through a partnership between Service de la Coopération au Développement (SCD) and the Fondation Nicolas Hulot (FNH).|
Start of mission:
➢ Preparation training: 24-31 October in Lyon (France), organized by SCD
➢ Departure: 1 November 2008
Attention : cette mission est gérée par le SCD. La Guilde ne prend aucune responsabilité dans la gestion de cette mission.